Tuesday, December 25, 2007

We're all hookers..................

Recently I was reading in John. I came to the story of the prostitute that Jesus saves from getting stoned. (with rocks, not weed) Let me set the story for you..........

So I assume Jesus is just chillin' with His disciples when all of a sudden a crowd of people come up to Him or He approaches them, I am not really sure. They have this woman who they say is an adulterer, which simply means that she is a hooker. Next the almighty pharisees step up and tell Jesus what she has done, and ask what they need to do. Now the old law said that she was to be stoned, so they were testing Jesus because, well because they hated Him. They wanted Him dead. Haha which I have to bring up the Golden Compass. Now I don't really know if God gets killed in the last book or not, but how stupid is it to protest this movie/book? My youth pastor made an excellent point the other day, are we seriously afraid that someone is going to kill God? I mean honestly? The Bible talks about killing God, so should we protest or boycott it?

Anyways they are testing Jesus because they hate Him. Of course Jesus knows what the law says about this, He knows it well. But instead of saying kill her He says, "whoever is without sin, cast the first stone." I imagine at this point the crowd became still, including the pharisees. Eventually everyone leaves because everyone there except Jesus had sinned. I bet this pissed the pharisees off so much, I wish that I could have been there. Anyways...

This story is so cool because I can say that Jesus loves hookers! And one of the most beautiful things about this story is that Jesus doesnt cast a stone either. Jesus isn't out to get us! I think sometimes we think it and we don't know that we are thinking it. Like when we don't get something we want, or when we screw up. He wants us to have another chance. He hands it to us. You will always have another chance. Even if you are a hooker, drug addict, alchoholic, addicted to porn, or whatever you are going through........... And in our own way, everyone of us are hookers.

So, accept the fact that we are hookers, but Jesus will not cast that stone, He will love us until we change. So love everyone no matter what they do or who they are......

And thank God for loving hookers......

1 comment:

Jon said...

Really good thoughts Kevin. Thanks for reminding me of who I am, and who He is - and more importantly his ever present grace in our lives.