So the other day I was walking down the hallway beside one of my friends, at school of course. And it was the usual school hallway. Couples making out, freshman blocking the hall because they have to tell their friends about the sweet lab that they did in biology. There was a couple, and they were making out. It was pretty hardcore for school, his hand on her tush, and they were, well just trust me when I say they must have forgot that people were walking by them.
So my friend turns to me and says, "trash." Now this friend is a christian, and he is a really nice guy. But that just hit me like a ton of bricks, because what does that make him? What does that make us? As a matter of fact I said, "then what does that make you?"
I mean who do we think we are?How are we any different than the couple making out in the hall? I hear this crap all of the time. For some reason, we christians think that we are better than other people because we go to church. I hate that! Who cares if I go to church? Why is it a big deal? Doesn't God care more about me loving people who aren't loved, and helping people who are suffering? And can't church take place anywhere? Where we meet is just a building! Having church is going out and loving on people, and helping people. All church is becoming is the community social hour. People are coming to this building and they are being fake, they are hiding what they are struggling with.
Don't get me wrong, we CAN have church in these buildings that we meet in. We need to get back to what it is all about. Now I am not saying that we need to go and tell everyone our problems. But we should have some relationships with people that we can tell these things to. But we need to make these relationships. God wants us to have these. We need these to survive. It is so hard to get closer to Jesus if you do not have good Godly relationships.
And last but not least, GO!!! Go and help people. Lift up people who are suffering, and in pain. We need to show them the Love that changed us. A high ends, being drunk ends, fleshly pleasures come to an end. The Love of God will never, ever, ever end...........
Thank God for loving you.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment