So here we are, again. In the blog, in the heat of the moment. Ok, maybe I just put that on here because I thought it sounded cool. But anyways,
So in my youth group we are going to start doing some community service projects, which I am very excited about. Lately I have just been wanting to love on people, get to know them, make relationships with them. After all, that's what its all about.
The other night I was hanging out with my youth pastor and a couple of my buddies that used to be in youth group and we were talking about these projects, and how cool they are going to be. Then someone said this revolutionary idea that in it's simplicity it still blew my mind. I mean I knew about this problem already, but I never really thought about it. This person said that outreach to christians now is going to church. Which means that we as christians think that going to church is a ministry, is a form of outreach. Wow, how ignorant is that. I mean, like I said, I knew that going to church wasn't an outreach, and I have been thinking that christians aren't reaching out enough, but this just struck me.
Before Jesus goes to heaven after he is beats death, He tells the disciples to go and preach the gospel to the far ends of the earth. Not to just stay in our holy huddles and talk about how God blessed us by opening up a parking spot at wal-mart, frankly I don't think God cares about that kind of stuff. But He does care about people, and about relationships. He does care about us sharing His love, and He does care about Life. We need to change.
If we don't go, then who will. If we don't love then who will. I hope that you can see that the world is out there. Reality is out there. And please don't go and think that you are better than the people that you are going for. If you think that, then please DON'T go. But if you are real, and you know that life is happening, please go.
As it says in Crowder's song, "the problem it seems, is with you and me. Not the Love who came to repair everything." Please help the problem, and know that surely we can change.
Thank God for loving you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment